All buoyancy vests meet either the EN393 or AS4758 Standard and are approved by Maritime NZ.
For PFD sizing, download the Palm apparel – Size chart as a PDF document.
Retail price $170 + freight
Sizes: XS-S; M-L; XL-XXL (Safety Gold or Blue colour)
Mission’s newly released PFD, the Inspiration, has been specifically designed to fit the female shape – bumps, curves and dips included. Perfectly designed chest foam plates optimise flotation so you can be confident you will be safe, while the ergonomically designed shape and six adjustment points ensure a comfortable, secure fit.
Meets new Australian PFD Standards – AS4758 Level 50
For sizing and more info, download the Mission PFD + paddling accessories brochure
[1st quality new PFDs, with a factory warranty]
Retail price $275 + freight
A versatile front-entry PFD loaded with storage and features. A perfect PFD for waka ama (outrigger) paddling, fishing, hunting, multisport, sea kayak or sail boat cruising.
• ‘Full cut’ foam template covers chest and back
• YYK® front zip design with closure cover
• Palm 3D ‘ anti ride-up’ waist system
• Easy Glide™ strap adjustment throughout
• Reflective detail on shoulders, front and rear panels
• Double front pockets with ‘D’ ring and elasticised clip points
• Rear pocket (with over-shoulder opening tab) designed to hold water bladder
• Guides and park for your drink tube
• Shoulder ‘D’ ring and lash tab attachment points
• Hardwearing outer fabric (part Cordura fabric)
Buoyancy: > 6.5 kg . . . . . Fabric: Nylon 420D / Cordura® 550D
Sizes: XS-S (60N) / M-L (70N) / XL-XXL (70N) . . . . . Colours: Red or Olive/Moss
Retail price $435 + freight
THE ULTIMATE EXPEDITION PFD
The Ocean Pro has been designed for elite paddlers in extreme situations. Three side adjustment points and contoured super-soft foam ensure you stay comfortable on extended expeditions.
Plenty of storage space for all your food, drink, etc thanks to two large front pockets and a large rear mesh pocket. No hydration worries with the integrated drink bladder. An incredibly tough PFD, built to last with bar-tacking on all major stress points – the Ocean Pro will handle any weather and sea conditions that you throw at it. Safety features such as the quick-release towline and VHF holster help you stay out of trouble.
- Contoured foam with padded shoulders
- Two large front pockets with separate compartments
- Three side adjustment points
- 1.5 litre integrated hydration system (nozzle can be attached to either shoulder)
- Removable, adjustable VHF radio holster (clips to either shoulder)
- Reflective patches
- Strobe attachment point (rear)
- Quick-release tow pouch with 3m floating rope
- Front zip
- Mesh/nylon draw-string bag for storing your PFD
(NOTE: Paddle krab is extra)
Buoyancy: 5.9 kg – 7.4 kg . . . . .Fabric: 500D Cordura outer, 200D Nylon inner
Sizes: S; M; L . . . . . . Colours: Mango or Red
Retail price $429 + freight
A front-zipped expedition touring PFD packed with features and storage space. Gaia foam technology gives unparalleled comfort and fit.
For more information on this 2013 BA326 model, download the Palm PFD – Kaikoura info sheet.
(NOTE: Palm sea kayak PFDs do not have an integrated rescue towline system. Much better to use the separate Palm waist towbelt which gives a low attachment point.)
Buoyancy: > 6.5 kg . . . . . Materials: 550D Ripstop Cordura®/Vent mesh liner; Gaia PVC-free foam
Sizes: XS/S; M/L; XL/XXL . . . . . . Colour: Red or Saffron
Courier to major NZ towns/cities, is $11 for a single PFD. Outlying suburbs, small towns and rural delivery areas are $5.50 extra. Freight on bulk orders of PFDs, usually sent direct from the importer/manufacturer, will be charged at cost (e.g. about $30 for a box of 10 recreation PFDs).